Saturday, August 15, 2009

My Birthday 15th August


Its 15th August,the 62nd Independence day of our country.We have come a long way since our independence i.e,15th Aug 1947.Its nice to see that our country is progressing in each and every field and is on the verge of gaining its old glory back.


I was sleeping on 15th morning ,when my mobile started ringing(its very anguish to see my mobile ringing,when i m in bed)anyways i got up from my bed to pick the call..the no was new to me ,it seemed to be some USA no.anyways,i picked the call....there was a surprise for me,Some close friend of mine had called me to wish me birthday wishes(my birthday falls on this auspicious day).Its beenlong,since i had talked to her last.So all my anguish vanished within seconds.

Then a series of calls started coming...ranging from Northern to Southern,Eastern to Western part of india and USA to UK.It gives me internal pleasure if someone remembers me on my birthday.It gives me feeling,that there are some friends,who really care for me.In my childhood days ,i used to feel pride to tease my friends by saying that see...my birthday falls on an auspicious day.

Due to this coincidence of my birthday,i had developed a self motivated interest to serve the country,as a Defence officer.I was fascinated by the sacrifices done by the indian freedom fighters.In my childhood days,each and every year in my school,i used to take the lead in making arrangements for the Independence day celebrations.It used to give me immense pleasure.I also used to participate in cultural programmes organized in my school..i won many prizes for the same,including a medal from the District Magistrate of my district.

Even during my B.Tech days,i was a part of N.C.C,so every year..we used to start practicing for parade 15-20 days prior to Independence day.It filled my heart with pride and satisfaction.I had decided that i will fulfill my career as an army officer.So,i appeared for the Combined Defense Services examination,and yes!! i was selected in the all india written test.My SSB Interview venue was 22,Sultania Infantry,Bhopal.I was very happy to clear this first hurdle and was hopeful to complete the second hurdle as well.In SSB interview(comprises of 5 days,with screening at each stage),i continued till the last day.But sad news,finally i was not selected as according to them my physical health was not fit for army job.So,no chances for me in army.

On that day i was very upset,but later on got motivational thoughts from my parents and family members...that only army is not the end of the road,and if i wanted to serve the coutry i could have done the same by being an engineer as well.Everyone who is working towards the betterment and upliftment of the country is serving the nation in one or the other means.

So,after that,i decided to be an engineer...where i can make the country technologically advanced..and am working in my way for the betterment of the country and its people.

I have come a long way in this blog.so,lets have an end to this.wish all of my countrymen happy independence day!!Jai Hind and thanks to all of my friends for their wishes!

Thats the day,

No comments: